Kae Noi, Thailand - Medical Micro Team
The children of the Kae Noi Children’s Home have left a mark on the lives of everyone who has ever visited. In fact, the whole surrounding hillside Lahu village has been touched by hundreds of Eastsiders bringing support over the years. If you are a medical professional please consider joining our team of medical professionals serving the people of the remote villages in the Kae Noi region. This rural area has little accessibility to quality health care. The team will be working with local churches to set up field clinics in various areas to care for the communities. We may even have a chance to visit Kudsamsip, the village of new opportunity where we brought clean water last year. Your two-week journey in Thailand will end with a few days of continuing ministry along with rest and reward on the spectacular white sand beaches of Phuket!
BEFORE YOU APPLY, check out this short information video for requirements and our team agreement.
Click "Apply Now" to create an account for this web platform that manages everything about this trip, and fill out your application!
This is a Level 5 Trip:
- Physically strenuous
- Predominantly unpaved
- Very uneven and hilly terrain
- Lots of walking and heavy lifting
- Usually uncomfortable climate - hot, humid, and/or cold No A/C
- ALL of the following demanding conditions: uncertainty, odd schedules, emotional stress, long or difficult travel days, culture shock, language barrier, jet lag, changing or rough accommodations, and simple or strange food.
|$500.00||First Payment Due Due 3/3/2023|
|$800.00||Second Payment Due Due 4/7/2023|
|$800.00||Third Payment. Tickets Purchased Due 5/3/2023|
|$800.00||Final Payment Due 7/8/2023|
Mar 4 2023
8:30 AM - 1:00 PM PST
All TEAMS Kick Off Required
This is our first training for all 2023 global trip participants. It's an exciting time to get together with travelers from all 15 teams going out this year and to meet your teammates for the first time! You'll receive critical information about managing your trip, and fundraising; and begin to learn the specifics of your particular trip. If you live out of the area and plan to join by Zoom, you will receive the links you need by email on Friday, March 3. If you live near the Las Vegas or Park Rapids campus, you get to meet with other travelers on your campus and join the Zoom meeting from there. A campus representative will send you details on this.
Mar 4 2023
9:00 AM - 1:30 PM PST
Global Compassion Training Retreat Required
We will fully equip you for your trip with our valuable and practical global curriculum. You'll spend the morning learning and getting to know your teammates as well as getting up to speed on your specific trip details. Remember to bring your Trip Guide with you, you'll be taking notes! For those of you that will be joining by Zoom, look for an email at the end of the week for those links.
- Background check required.
- Interview required.
- Actively participate in fundraising activity.
- Passport Required
- Must work in the medical field.
- Once you are accepted, you'll need to complete the Global Compassion training with your team.
- You'll also need to take Eastside's "Next Steps" course. To sign up: https://eastside.com/next-steps/