Ralco, Chile - Build Micro Team
What: This trip will involve relationship building and construction. We will be building a 750-square-foot cabin/home that will serve as a ministry income source and ministry retreat for national missionaries working among the Pewenche. Where: Ralco is a town in the Andes Mountains known for its location along the Bio Bio river. It has a mix of Chileans, and Pewenche people. We will have the opportunity to visit these indigenous communities and work closely with the Pewenche. We will do some home visits, give food baskets and have the opportunity to build relationships in addition to the main focus of construction. When: March is a beautiful time of year to visit Ralco! It is a transition month in Chile. You will see the trees turning color as fall will be in full swing. The weather is nice and fairly warm during the day. At night, it will be cool. For those on the team who are interested, at the end of the trip will have the option of enjoying two additional days of fun including hikes, white water rafting, hot springs, and more in the unique landscape of southern Chile.
BEFORE YOU APPLY, check out this short information video for requirements and our team agreement.
Click "Apply Now" to create an account for this web platform that manages everything about this trip, and fill out your application!
COVID. Note: The following restrictions are taken from the Chilean ministry of health and are subject to change
- U.S. Citizens can enter Chile with government-issued identification and a vaccination certificate issued by the country in which they were vaccinated.
- Unvaccinated travelers must present a negative PCR test taken within a maximum of 48 hours at their last point of departure prior to their arrival in Chile.
Level 4 Trip:
Mostly unpaved, very uneven/hilly terrain and lots of walking with some heavy lifting
Rarely comfortable climate - sometimes hot or cold, probably no A/C.
Most of the following conditions: uncertainty, odd schedules, emotional stress, long or difficult travel days, culture shock, language barrier, jet lag, changing or rough accommodations, or simple meals.
|$1,400.00||First Payment Due Due 1/20/2023|
|$450.00||Second Payment Due Due 2/3/2023|
|$450.00||Final Payment Due Due 2/24/2023|
- Background check required.
- Interview required for first time travelers.
- Passport Required
- In choosing to go on a trip, you will be subject to the policies of the airline, our global partners, and the specific country requirements for entry and US policy for re-entry.
- You must have construction skills.
- Once you are accepted, you'll need to complete the Global Compassion training.
- You'll also need to participate in Eastside's "Next Steps" Experience.